Meet Dr. Kim
Junuk Kim, M.D.
Dr. Junuk Kim is a surgeon who is Board Certified in both General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery. He earned his Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees in Biology from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia in 4 years and received his medical degree from New York Medical College.
Dr. Kim completed his general surgery residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Manhattan in New York. He also spent 2 years as a research fellow in Yonsei University College of Medicine in Seoul, studying gastric cancer surgery with Dr. Sung Hoon Noh. Dr. Noh’s team performs over 600 gastric cancer operations a year. Dr. Kim completed his subspecialty training in colorectal surgery at the Keck School of Medicine in the University of Southern California in Los Angeles under Dr. Robert Beart, Jr.
Junuk Kim, M.D. Medical & Proctologist Associations
He is a member of the American Medical Association, American College of Surgeons, and Texas Medical Association. Dr. Kim was selected to Texas Rising Stars 2012 by Super Docs.
Articles Written by Dr. Junuk Kim, M.D.
He is an active researcher who has published numerous articles and presented at international conferences.
- Kim J, Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Shen J, Choi SH, Noh SH. Predictors of Long-term Survival In pN3 Gastric Cancer Patients. J Surg Oncol 2004;88(1):9-13.
- Kim J, Cheong JH, Chen J, Hyung WJ, Choi SH, Noh SH. Menetrier’s Disease in Korea: Report of Two Cases And Review Of Cases In A Gastric Cancer Prevalent Region. Yonsei Med J. 2004;45(3):555-60.
- Kim J, Lee JH, Hyung WJ, Cheong JH, Chen J, Choi SH, Noh SH. Gastric Cancer Surgery Without Drains – A Prospective Randomized Trial. J Gastrointest Surg 2004;8(6):727-32.
- Lee JH, Kim J, Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Choi SH, Noh SH. Gastric cancer surgery in cirrhotic patients: result of gastrectomy with D2 lymph node dissection. World J Gastroenterol. 2005 Aug 14;11(30):4623-7.
- Kim YW, Kim J, Lee KY, Kim NK, Cho CH. Asymptomatic tubular duplication of the transverse colon in an adult. Yonsei Med J. 2005 Feb 28;46(1):189-91.
- Shen JG, Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Kim J, Choi SH, Noh SH. Intraoperative frozen section margin evaluation in gastric cancer of the cardia surgery. Hepatogastroenterology. 2006 Nov-Dec;53(72):976-8.
- Shen JG, Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Kim J, Choi SH, Noh SH. Adverse effect of splenectomy on recurrence in total gastrectomy cancer patients with perioperative transfusion. Am J Surg. 2006 Sep;192(3):301-5.
- Shen JG, Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Kim J, Choi SH, Noh SH. Pretreatment anemia is associated with poorer survival in patients with stage I and II gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2005 Aug 1;91(2):126-30.
- Shen JG, Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Kim J, Choi SH, Noh SH. Influence of a microscopic positive proximal margin in the treatment of gastric adenocarcinoma of the cardia. World J Gastroenterol. 2006 Jun 28;12(24):3883-6.
- Hyung WJ, Lim JS, Cheong JH, Kim J, Choi SH, Song SY, Noh SH. Intraoperative tumor localization using laparoscopic ultrasonography in laparoscopic-assisted gastrectomy. Surg Endosc. 2005 Oct;19(10):1353-7. Epub 2005 May 26.
- Chen J, Cheong JH, Yun MJ, Kim J, Lim JS, Hyung WJ, Noh SH. Improvement in preoperative staging of gastric adenocarcinoma with positron emission tomography. Cancer. 2005 Apr 26;[Epub ahead of print] Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Chen J, Kim J, Choi SH, Noh SH.
- Survival Benefit of Metastasectomy For Krukenberg Tumors From Gastric Cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2004;94(2):477-82. Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Chen J, Kim J, Choi SH, Noh SH.
- Surgical Management And Outcome Of Metachronous Krukenberg Tumors From Gastric Cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2004;87(1):39-45. Chen J, Cheong JH, Hyung WJ, Kim J, Choi DJ, Kwon KH, Kim SI, Kim YS, Park K, Noh SH.
- Gastric Adenocarcinoma After Renal Transplantation. Hepatogastroenterology. 2004;51(57):895-9.
- Hyung WJ, Cheong JH, Kim J, Chen J, Choi SH, Noh SH. Application Of Minimally Invasive Treatment For Early Gastric Cancer. J Surg Oncol 2004;85(4):181-5.